Do I Need Diabetes Medication

Do I Need Diabetes Medication


Hello, I am Ty Mason of thediabetescouncil.com,
researcher, writer and I have type 2 diabetes. Today I want to talk about the whether or
not you need diabetes medication. After you watch the video today, I invite
you check out the description box for my new ebook. This is one of the most comprehensive diabetes
meal planning book you can find. It contains diabetes friendly meals/recipes,
recipes for different goals such as 800-1800 calories per day meal plan, diabetes meal
planning tips and tricks. There are also tons of diabetes friendly recipes
for everyone! The answer to this question really depends
on several factors. The first of which is which type of diabetes
do you have? So we first must break down Type 1 and Type
2 diabetes. Let’s talk about those with Type 1 diabetes
first. If you have Type 1 then you are insulin dependent. If you have Type 1 Diabetes, then approximately
90% of your insulin producing cells have been destroyed. And sadly, the process that destroyed the
90% of insulin producing cells with destroy the remaining 10%. Ultimately you will be totally dependent on
insulin. Type 1 diabetes cannot be managed without
medication. And this is not my opinion, it is the opinion
of the foremost diabetes center in the world, the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston. Here is what they have to say on the matter:
If you have type 1 diabetes, you must take daily insulin injections to keep your blood
glucose in a normal range. Your body produces little or no insulin. Insulin is a vital hormone that helps your
body convert food into energy. Without insulin, you would die. So the answer the answer as far as Type 1
Diabetes goes the answer is Yes, you do need your diabetes medication. But what about Type 2 diabetes? Well, here is what Joslin has to say about
that. If you have type 2 diabetes, the answer to
this question is much less clear. Many people can keep their blood glucose in
a healthy range without medications (either oral diabetes medications or insulin injections)
if they lose weight and keep their weight down, are regularly physically active, and
follow a meal plan that helps them keep portion sizes under control and helps them spread
the amount of carbohydrate they eat at each meal throughout the day. So yes, it is possible for people with Type
2 to maintain their blood sugar without medication. The key to managing your diabetes is to lose
weight and regular exercise. And this isn’t something you try for a month. This is a life long commitment. It can be done, but many fail
Eventually, many people with type 2 diabetes find that despite their best efforts, weight
control, exercise and diet aren’t enough to keep their blood glucose in a healthy range. This is not unusual. One theory is that some people’s insulin-producing
cells just get tired out from having to produce more and more insulin because their cells
are resistant to the effects of insulin. Now, if your healthcare provider tells you
that you need to take oral diabetes medications or insulin injections to manage your blood
glucose, it’s important that you follow their instructions. Keeping your blood glucose in a healthy range
is key to preventing long-term complications, such as eye disease, kidney disease, heart
attacks, and other problems that poorly controlled blood glucose can cause over a period of years
If you want to try and manage your diabetes without medications, you must let your health
care provider know your intentions and you need to monitor EVERYTHING very closely. Don’t just wake up one day and say, “I
will eat right today and walk 2 miles, so I don’t need to take my meds.” That would not be a good move on your part. It is possible to manage your diabetes without
meds, but do it the right way with the help of your healthcare team. .Don’t forget to get my new ebook and please,
subscribe to our channel for many more videos like this one in the future. Thanks for watching. I am Ty Mason.

Author:

2 thoughts on “Do I Need Diabetes Medication”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *